The best essential oils and their uses
Essential oils that are used in aromatherapy are not always easy to find.
There is no regulation put in place to inspect the high quality and safety of essential oils. So it is left for consumers to inspect the quality of the oils they are buying via the ingredients contained in it.
In order to get the most benefit from aromatherapy, oils in their purest form should be used.
Oils that Should Not be used in Aromatherapy
- Almond – Contains cyanide which even in small amounts can be lethal.
- Aniseed – Skin irritant.
- Arnica – Can cause dizziness and heart irregularities
- Bergamot – Phototoxic, severe sunburn could occur if it is exposed to sunlight.
- Boldo Leaf – Produces convulsions even in small quantities.
- Calamus – Has carcinogenic (cancer causing) properties and can cause kidney and liver damage.
- Camphor – Oral ingestion can be toxic.
- Cassia – Skin and mucus membrane irritant.
- Cinnamon Bark – Skin irritant.
- Costus – Skin irritant.
- Elecampane – Classified as a serious skin irritant.
- Fennel – Can cause epileptic episodes.
- Horseradish – Eye, skin, nose, and mucus membrane irritant.
- Jaborandi Leaf – Oral toxin, skin irritant.
- Mustard – Skin and mucus membrane irritant.
- Spanish Origanum – Skin and mucus membrane irritant
- Dwarf Pine – Skin irritant.
- Brazilian Sassafras – Banned by the FDA as a carcinogen and can be toxic even in small amounts.
- Savin – Skin irritant.
- Southernwood – Toxic to the skin and if taken orally.
- Tansy – Can cause convulsions, vomiting, uterine bleeding, and death as a result of organ or respiratory failure.
- Cedarleaf Thuja
- Thuja Plicata – Can be a neurotoxin.
- Wintergreen – Can be a skin irritant, especially to those with an aspirin sensitivity. The oil itself is poisonous.
- Wormseed – Toxic to the liver and kidneys, suppresses heart function.
- Wormwood – Consumption can cause visual and auditory hallucinations and addiction. It can also cause convulsions and be a neurotoxin.
There are some essential oils that are highly toxic and should never be used in any circumstance.
Essential Oils to Completely Avoid
Your Basic Care Kit
If you are just beginning your journey with the top best uses for essential oils and aromatherapy there are a few top best uses for essential oils that will help you get started. These are some of the easiest to find yet versatile essential oils. Not only are they used for therapeutic purposes but can also be used in many other applications.
Some of these top best uses for essential oils include making natural cleaning products and gardening. In addition to the
An aroma diffuser puts the essential oils into the air quickly and spreads them about the room which allows you to get your therapy by just relaxing and breathing deeply. They come in all different shapes and styles so you can purchase one that matches the décor in each room of your home.
Some run with the use of an open flame while others are powered by electricity.
Lavender is a non-toxic and non-irritant essential oil. It is extracted through steam distillation from flowering tops of the lavender plant. Lavender has long been a folk remedy and one of the top best uses for essential oils of lavender is to calm an upset stomach.
Lavender is an aromatherapy oil that has different health benefits is soothing aroma effects makes it powerful in treating illnesses like a headache, anxiety,
depression and emotional stress. It also boosts mental strength and alleviates exhaustion
This wonderful lavender oil is also used in treating lack of sleep called
insomnia because its aroma can induce sleep.
Lavender essential oil is often recommended to treat insomnia as its scent can induce sleep. It is also able to aleviate all joint pains and soreness.
Another top best uses for essential oils of lavender is that all respiratory problem including flu, colds, chest congestion are being treated with the
Tea tree essential oil as a non-toxic, non-irritant oil is derived from the steam, leaves and twigs of the tea tree.
The top best uses for essential oils of tea tree has been dated back to 18 centuries, by the aboriginal people in Australia and call it herbal tea. Tea tree oil colour is pale-yellow green or water white colour. You can blend tea tree with lavender, rosemary, clary sage and many other oils
Tea Tree has an anti-microbial, ant viral, anti-septic and prevents properties. Because of its numerous properties, it is used for cue so many ailments. It is found in almost every household because of its ability to cure so many diseases.
Top best uses for essential oil of tea tree was to treat wounds and different types of bacterial infection including flu, cough, colds, bronchitis, chest congestion and others. It also prevents fungal infection and helps to cure dermatitis and athlete’s foot. You can detoxify your body using tea tree oil because it helps remove toxins from the body through sweat and pores opening. One other benefit of this wonderful oil is to boost the immune system and removes excess salt from the body.
Eucalyptus essential oil is not ingestible because of its toxic nature it can be very toxic if ingested.
It is a non-irritant oil
This essential oil is gotten from the eucalyptus tree that is common in Australia. Eucalyptus is used to treat ailments
Its refreshing perfume makes it able to treat mental disorders and exhaustion. You can also use eucalyptus oil as a room
freshner, making natural soaps because of its antiseptics properties. It is also being used as toothpaste.
Peppermint essential oil is an irritant non-toxic oil however when it is diluted or
Peppermint oil has been used as far back as 1000 BC. It works well with blending eucalyptus and rosemary oil with it
Peppermint is too is a good remedy for respiratory disease, it can also be used to treat headaches, Depression, stress, nausea, and bowel symptoms. It is often used in skin care products to improve oily skin and hydrate dull skin. Chamomile is another wonderful essential oil that been used since 2000 years. Chamomile is non-toxic and non-irritant oil that blends well with lavender, clary sage, jasmine and geranium. It’s mostly blue in colour but turns yellowish with age.
Chamomile essential oil is well known for its soothing property and its ability to relieve teething or colicky baby, to treat ailments like asthma and allergies. It is also used for the treatment of a nervous disorder,